Top 10 Heart-Healthy Foods To Add To Your Diet
All of us want to achieve a perfect waistline and a healthy heart. Did you know that this can be done through adopting a healthy diet?
Reducing the Risk of Heart Diseases
According to different dieticians, the possibility of contracting cardiovascular diseases can be prevented through the consumption of specific types of food such as fruits and vegetables, providing more strength to your heart.
Other dieticians feel that different types of food that are organic and natural can serve great purpose to your heart. This includes food such as olive oil, fish, nuts as well as whole grains. However, you should let loose once in a blue moon and enjoy a glass of red wine or some candy if you fancy.
Recommended Food Suggestions Beneficial to Your Heart Health
If you are wondering what types of food are beneficial to your heart, here are some food suggestions that we recommend you try.
- Berries are antioxidants that can help to reduce the risk of heart diseases and improve the functions of your arteries. A way you could enjoy berries is through adding blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries in yoghurt and granola.
- Nuts are a type of fat that can strengthen your heart. They help to lower the risk of heart disease and stroke as there are benefits that can help to regulate your cholesterol level. Nuts can be enjoyed in salads or even as a snack.
- Legumes such as dhal, black beans, kidney beans and chickpeas are rich in B-group vitamins, iron, calcium, and fiber. They help to decrease the risk of developing coronary heart disease. Legumes can be used in different dishes such as chili con carne or hummus.
- Fruits such as oranges and peaches have the power to strengthen the health of your heart. They contain vital nutrients that are needed to achieve a healthy immune system. One way you could enjoy fruits would be to prepare a fruit salad platter.
- Soy products. Soy products such as tofu are packed with protein and are high in isoflavones, which is a substance that could reduce the possibility of contracting heart disease. If you want to whip up something simple yet healthy for dinner, tofu dishes are best eaten stir-fried along with vegetables like broccoli.
- Leafy greens. Vegetables such as kale, spinach or bok choy are rich in vitamins C, K, folate, manganese, as well as fiber. These are essential for the prevention of any form of heart disease. Just like soy products, leafy greens are best eaten stir-fried or blanched, so you are able to enjoy the greatest benefits.
- Fish such as salmon, tuna, halibut, bass are rich in omega-3 fatty acids as well as vitamins D and B2 (riboflavin). These are vital to maintain a strong and healthy heart. Fish is best enjoyed when it is grilled.
- Just like fish, seeds such as chia seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for heart health. It is best to consume them in grinded or granulated form so you are able to enjoy the fullest benefits. Chia seeds also consist of protein and fiber. Seeds can be eaten in salads or just as it is.
- Dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is recommended to achieve a well-functioning heart. They contain cocoa, which can help with the functions of our coronary arteries. Try to consume dark chocolates with a high percentage of cocoa as they can help to improve the health of your heart.
- Oats. Oats are a good source of fiber as they naturally contain bran. Oats provide benefits for your body which include healthier bowel function as well as reduced risks for heart disease. It is best to enjoy oats with yoghurt, or salad.
Lookee’s Health Devices to Monitor Heart Health
After finding out the different types of food your diet should consist of, you are on your way to preventing the risk of heart disease. Although the change may be hard to adapt for some, the benefits that it serves in the long run are far greater. Your heart health is important as it is a vital organ needed for your body to function. Therefore, there should be a need to consume different types of food that will serve great purpose to your heart.Here at Lookee, we provide health devices such as the Lookee Personal ECG / EKG Heart Monitor that can help you detect the irregularities in your heart. In Lookee, we place great importance on the health and well-being of an individual. If you are looking to track your heart health with the help of this device, please feel free to contact us today.