Sleep Insights with LOOKEE®
Experience a new level of sleep monitoring with LOOKEE® Sleep Monitors, offering real-time data to help you gain invaluable insights into your sleep patterns. Our complimentary app empowers you to effortlessly monitor your oxygen levels, allowing you to take control of your nighttime wellness.
A Safety Net Against CPAP Failure
A gentle vibration helps to keep you aware of times when your CPAP treatment may not be supporting you properly. When Blood O2 levels drop below a preset level, the vibration alerts you.
Monitor CPAP Effectiveness
Gathering data over many nights will help you determine if your current CPAP treatment is actually working or needs an adjustment. Incredibly empowering information at your fingertips!
High Resolution Sensors
Easy to read, simple to monitor. The LOOKEE® Sleep Monitors utilize advanced displays for clarity and simplicity. It gathers data every 4 seconds to provide a more accurate picture of your sleep patterns.
Track Oxygen Levels
This is vital to a healthy, restful night’s sleep. With the LOOKEE® Sleep Monitors, you can keep up-to date on your nightly oxygen levels and heart rate. These are also great for keeping tabs on pre and post-workout routines!
Comfortable and Easy-to-Use
LOOKEE®’s advanced patented Finger Ring Sensor technology is designed for comfort and simplicity. No more tight, cumbersome clips and cords that are common with most other fingertip monitors.This helps to promote an easier night’s rest while monitoring your sleep patterns.
Recommended by Medical Professionals Worldwide
Wayne W. Lai M.D
Diplomate, ABPN Neurology and Sleep Medicine
CSCN Diplomate (EMG)
Clinical Assistant Professor Department of Medicine UBC
“ I love the design and the ease of use of LOOKEE Ring oximeters. As a sleep physician, I am so thrilled to have such a device available to help us to provide diagnostic and follow-up data to ensure patient’s sleep disordered breathing condition has been adequately addressed. I have also tried it myself and it is quite comfortable and really easy to operate. As a patient and as a sleep physician, I would highly recommend LOOKEE Ring oximeters to other sleep medicine providers as well as to patients. ”
Dr. David E Federici
Experienced Dental Professional and Sleep Apnea Expert.
One of 425 Diplomates of the ABDSM (American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine).
" Highly effective recordable pulse oximeter. I have 10 of these LOOKEE Oxygen Monitors and use them for titration purposes for my dental oral appliance used to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea. It lets me know how my appliance is helping improve airway metrics as the lower jaw is advanced compared to their baseline test. Its very small and easy to use for my patients. They bring it in and i download the data on the LOOKEE app and print it out for their chart. I send the final pulse ox report to their Dr to show my results."
West DDS Dentist and author | San Juan Capistrano, CA USA
"I treat patients with sleep apnea with oral appliances. I have sleep apnea myself. One night I tested Lookee Monitor myself with the appliance. I did great. My oxygen levels hardly ever dropped. The next night, I tested it myself without the appliances. The Lookee device told me that my oxygen dropped many times during the night. In addition, the next day I was tired and grumpy. It was great to document how well it works. It just told me how important it is to keep your oxygen levels up. So I highly recommend Lookee Monitor to track your CPAP or Apnea treatment."
Dr Susan Kwan
MBBS, MRCP, FRCPC Internal medicine and respirology, Somnologist.
Clinical Assistant Professor, Medicine, critical care and respirology, UBC.
“The Lookee Oxygen Ring and Oximeter represent exceptional tools designed for in-home self-monitoring. Their user-friendly nature and notable comfort render them optimal selections for individuals endeavoring to maintain a vigilant assessment of their well-being. Significantly, these devices boast the capability to promptly issue alerts and alarms, thereby ensuring that users remain apprised and proactive in their health management. Benefiting from an enduring association with the founder and CEO, Joe, spanning over a decade, I can confidently vouch for his resolute dedication to advancing clients' health objectives and advancing sleep wellness initiatives. In light of such a distinguished track record, it is with wholehearted conviction that I endorse the Lookee Oxygen Ring and Oximeter as a premier choice for those in pursuit of a self-assistive sleep monitoring apparatus.”
Exp– Registered Nurse
"This device may quite literally be a life saver. As a nurse, I long suspected my husband had obstructive sleep apnea but I couldn’t convince him he needed to get checked out. I purchased this device and when he saw his O2 sats dropping to dangerous levels and his heart rate spiking, I’m proud to say it only took a couple nights of data to get him to agree to see a sleep doctor. Thank you so much for putting this technology into regular people’s hands! 💕 "
Registered Respiratory Therapist and Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist
"This is an amazingly sophisticated device but super easy to use. Just download the app, charge the unit then use it at night. If your oxygen goes down below a certain threshold it will gently vibrate. I use CPAP and I am a Registered Respiratory Therapist and Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist and I think it would be great for them to get certified to use this for a home screening device for people that snore!. I where it almost every night just to have an added benefit of being monitored in case my CPAP comes off."
Frequently Asked Questions
The LOOKEE Device is designed as an essential component of CPAP treatment and not as a replacement for CPAP in
sleep apnea. CPAP lacks the oximetry functionality that the LOOKEE Device provides.
Tracking oxygen (O2) saturation in a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machine holds significant importance for several reasons:
- 1) Patient Safety: Monitoring oxygen saturation levels ensures the patient's safety during CPAP therapy. A drop in oxygen levels could indicate a serious medical issue requiring immediate attention. This might be attributed to an underlying respiratory problem or other health complications.
- 2) Therapy Effectiveness: The primary purpose of a CPAP machine is to treat obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) by maintaining an open airway and preventing breathing interruptions during sleep. Monitoring oxygen saturation helps assess the therapy's effectiveness. A decline in oxygen levels may signal insufficient airflow to keep the airway open, suggesting a need for therapy adjustments.
- 3) Early Issue Detection: Changes in oxygen saturation levels can provide early indications of potential problems. A sudden drop in oxygen saturation might indicate airway obstruction, mask leakage, or other CPAP setup issues. Early detection enables timely intervention to prevent complications and ensure effective therapy.
- 4) Pressure Adjustment: CPAP therapy involves delivering a constant pressure to keep the airway open. Monitoring oxygen saturation levels aids healthcare providers in determining whether the prescribed pressure setting is appropriate. Persistent low oxygen levels despite CPAP usage might warrant adjustments in pressure settings or other aspects of therapy.
- 5) Comorbidity Identification: Individuals with sleep apnea could have other medical conditions affecting oxygen saturation, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart problems, or respiratory disorders. Monitoring oxygen levels helps identify these comorbidities and guides appropriate treatment strategies.
- 6) Long-Term Tracking: Monitoring oxygen saturation over time offers valuable insights into the patient's response to CPAP therapy. This data can be utilized to assess treatment effectiveness over weeks or months and inform decisions about ongoing care.
In summary, monitoring oxygen saturation in a CPAP machine is crucial for ensuring patient safety, evaluating therapy effectiveness, and identifying potential issues related to sleep apnea and other underlying health conditions. It empowers healthcare providers to make informed decisions regarding therapy adjustments and interventions, ultimately contributing to the patient's overall well-being.
Normal oxygen saturation levels typically range between 95% and 100% in healthy individuals. Values below 90%
indicate hypoxemia, which means there is a lower than normal level of oxygen in the blood. Generally, an oxygen
saturation level of 90% and above is considered safe for most people, especially in non-emergency situations.
Additionally, individuals living at high altitudes might experience slightly lower baseline oxygen saturation
decreased oxygen pressure in the air. However, it's not uncommon for certain individuals, particularly those
to exhibit slightly lower oxygen saturation levels. Their baseline oxygen saturation usually ranges from 88% to
this range is generally acceptable for most individuals at rest.
It's important to note that the LOOKEE Device is non-invasive and boasts a high accuracy of +2/-2, which is remarkable for an oximeter. With this high accuracy, a reading of 88% can be considered within the range of 86% to 90%. It can be confidently stated that the threshold for safe oxygen saturation is around 88%. Readings above this level are safe, while readings below indicate hypoxemia. However, when oxygen saturation drops to 80%, the situation becomes critical. At this point, the lungs may no longer effectively support themselves, causing the heart to beat faster in an attempt to meet oxygen demands. Prolonged exposure to such conditions can lead to cardiovascular complications and increased morbidity over time.
We offer a selection of sleep oxygen monitors, each catering to different preferences and needs. Here are the options available:
- 1) LOOKEE Wrist Monitor: This monitor records your oxygen saturation level, heart rate, and motion using a comfortable wrist-worn design. However, it is the only LOOKEE Sleep Oxygen Monitor that lacks a read-out display. Learn more here: LOOKEE Wrist Monitor
- 2) LOOKEE Ring Monitor: This monitor tracks your oxygen saturation level, heart rate, and motion through a comfortable ring-style wearable. It does not include PC software. Learn more here: LOOKEE Ring Monitor
- 3) LOOKEE Ring-Pro Monitor: Similar to the Ring Monitor, this device also measures your oxygen saturation level, heart rate, and motion using a ring-style wearable. However, it comes with PC software for enhanced data analysis. Learn more here: LOOKEE Ring-Pro Monitor
- 4) LOOKEE O2Ring: This monitor, designed as a comfortable ring-style wearable, monitors your oxygen saturation level, heart rate, and motion. It includes PC software and a sound alarm on the Cell phone App. Notably, this is the only LOOKEE Sleep Oxygen Monitor featuring a vibrating alarm for heart rate fluctuations as well. Learn more here: LOOKEE O2Ring
- 5) LOOKEE KidsO2: Specifically designed for children aged 3 to 10 years old, this comfortable ring-style wearable monitors and records your child's oxygen saturation level, heart rate, and motion. It features a sound alarm on both the device and your phone, along with App notifications for low oxygen levels. PC Software is included for this model. Learn more here: LOOKEE KidsO2
- All of these devices utilize the same medical-grade sensor, ensuring accurate measurements.
- Each device includes a free Mobile App for easy data management.
- Vibrating alarms are present in all monitors (except for KidsO2 with a sound alarm) for low oxygen saturation levels (below the threshold set in the App).
- Select the monitor that best suits your needs, ensuring you have access to accurate sleep-related data for improved well-being.
LOOKEE Sleep Oxygen Monitors have earned certification as Medical grade devices and are licensed by Health Canada. These monitors boast an accuracy level of +2/-2%, a performance metric well within the established standard of the FDA for FDA-cleared oximeters.
An O2 Score represents a comprehensive evaluation of your oxygen condition. It is derived from the analysis of
factors such as events, frequencies, depth, and duration of your oxygen levels throughout the night. The score
within a range of 0 to 10, where 10 indicates the most favorable condition. This score is available for each
session within the App.
The scoring categories are as follows:
- 1-4: Critical
- 5-6: Low
- 7-8: Good
- 9-10: Excellent
Importantly, the O2 Score is calculated from the moment the device is worn until it is removed, encompassing the entire duration of usage.
We provide a seamless support experience to ensure your peace of mind. Our offerings include:
- One-Year Manufacturer Warranty: You're covered by a worry-free one-year manufacturer warranty.
- Free Replacement: In case of any issues, we offer free replacement to ensure your device's optimal functionality.
- Lifetime Tech Support: Lifetime Tech Support: Our dedicated local service teams, situated in the US and Canada, are available for life-time technical support.
- Various Communication Channels: Reach us conveniently via email, phone, or live chat for immediate assistance.